Message to Our Members: COVID-19
Dear EPS members,
We would like to express our concern and support for all the members of the IEEE community, our staff, our families and all others affected by the global health crisis.
Although this is an unprecedented situation, with many of us now working remotely, EPS remains open and will continue to support its members. Our Board of Governors and others in our community will also continue to work online towards delivering our Strategic Plan (2019-2024) to provide the best service and support for our members. Following are some resources we hope prove useful to you during this time.
· Technology: In an effort to provide our members and the packaging community with information on the latest technology, the Heterogeneous Integration Roadmap (HIR) has delivered its first edition in 2019. We will continue to support this effort to provide guidance to the profession, industry, academia and government and ensure continued progress in electronics packaging.
· Membership & Chapters: To assist students and promote the formation of new EPS student chapters, EPS has recently launched the Student Chapter Promotion Program (SCPP). Under the SCPP, six students from any university which has an IEEE student branch and who are willing to serve as executive committee members in a new student chapter will be given free IEEE and EPS student memberships. Free IEEE and EPS membership will also be extended to an Advisor.
· Education & Careers: Please visit our online webinar archive to take advantage of remote learning. Professional Development Hours (PDHs) can be earned viewing the webinars and can be used toward the EPS Certificate Program. We are working towards new webinars over the next six months that will cover each of the HIR chapters.
· Conferences: Many of you have inquired about the status of our conferences planned for 2020. Please note that our first priority is the health and safety of our members and participants. As some conferences are being postponed or seeking virtual options, we want to keep our community informed. We are working closely with IEEE and our conference organizers and will provide weekly status updates for each conference on our website.
· Publications: T-CPMT is continuing to accept submissions. Our authors are the reason T-CPMT continues to publish impactful articles in packaging research and applications. With their contributions the Impact Factor of our transactions increased from 1.6 (2016) to 1.9 (2018).
This global pandemic is a unique challenge that has impacted many members of the IEEE family. Many of you are directly or indirectly engaged in the fight against COVID-19 and its effects on research, infrastructure, communications, and more. We are grateful for your work.
IEEE is committed to supporting the global response with direct access to various articles available to assist in the management of today's pandemic. These articles are now free to access on IEEE Xplore ® https://ieeexplore.ieee.org. If you access IEEE Xplore Digital Libray through your institution and you are having access issues when working remotely, try these tips for remote access, or contact IEEE for help.
These are difficult times, but we will get through them by working together. Thank you for your support of our shared mission to advance technology for humanity. On behalf of the Board of Governors, we look forward to seeing you again at our events once the time is right to do so and this situation is behind us.
Please be safe, look after yourselves, and stay informed.
Chris Bailey (EPS President)
Sam Karikalan (VP Conferences)
David McCann (VP Technology)
Ravi Mahajan (VP Publications)
Alan Huffman (VP Membership)
Jeffrey Suhling (VP Education)
Patrick Thompson (VP Finances)
Avi Bar-Cohen (EPS Junior Past President)
Jean Trewhella (EPS Senior Past President)