EPS BoG Members At Large Nomination Period Now Open
The EPS Board of Governors (BoG) includes 19 Members-at-Large, elected by the full voting membership of the Society. Six Members at Large will be selected each year to represent the regional composition of the Society membership and one Member at Large will be selected to represent the Young Professional community . A Young Professional is an individual that has completed their first academic degree within the last 15 years.
Regional Members-at-Large are elected to achieve totals proportionate to the geographic distribution of EPS members. Any IEEE Region/grouping of Regions determined to have at least 10% of total EPS members will have the proportional number of Member-at-Large positions designated to it for representation on the BoG. The slate of candidates for each year’s election will be constructed to ensure that the resulting total of newly elected Members-at-Large and continuing Members-at-Large, respectively, has the proper proportion of representatives from each Region/grouping of Regions. Each Region/grouping of Regions will have a separate slate of candidates from that Region. Voting members will elect members-at-large from within their Region only (that is, members in Region 8 vote for Members-at-Large from Region 8, members in Region 10 vote for Members-at-Large from Region 10; etc.)
The Young Professional Member at Large will be elected by all members of the Society from a slate that is finalized by the Nominations Committee. Please note: the YP position will not need to be filled for the 2022-2024 term.
Candidates for Member-at-Large must:
a current members of both IEEE and EPS
willing to attend two annual Board meetings
willing to participate actively in areas of their interest (publications, conferences, membership development, chapter development, etc.)
Candidates for Member-at-Large are selected in two ways -- either by the Society Nominating Committee, or by petition. Deadline for nominations is end of business (EDT) June 14, 2021. Submissions will not be accepted after the deadline.
Selection via Nominations Committee
Self-nominations are allowed. If nominating someone other than yourself, it must be confirmed that the person is interested in being considered for the slate of candidates and willing to serve if elected.
Nominations should be submitted online and must include the following:
- Brief biography, including employment/technical background, service to IEEE and EPS/EPS activities, education, other information (awards, other Society memberships, etc).
- Statement of interest (addressing areas/activities of the EPS in which nominee would like to participate or contribute).
- Additional information/documentation (CV, resume) may be submitted in addition to the brief biography.
- Confirmation of current IEEE and EPS membership.
- Photograph (digital) of candidate.
The final slate of candidates for election will be determined by the Society Nominations Committee.
Selection via Petition
Submission of a petition nominating a Society member in good standing and supported by the identifiable signatures of at least 2% of the eligible voters shall automatically place that member's name on the slate. The minimum number of signatures required will be announced each year in the published Call for Nominations.
- Request establishment of electronic petition process, allowing signatures to be collected on-line. Potential petition candidates must contact the Society Executive Office - firstname.lastname@example.org to implement the electronic petition process. Petition candidates are responsible for compiling their own contact list for signatures. The EPS Executive Office cannot provide candidates with a list of EPS members.