Senior Member Grade
The grade of Senior Member is the highest for which application may be made and requires experience reflecting professional maturity. For admission or transfer to the grade of Senior Member, a candidate shall be an engineer, scientist, educator, technical executive, or originator in IEEE-designated fields.
The candidate shall have been in professional practice for at least ten years and shall have shown significant performance over a period of at least five of those years, such performance including one or more of the following:
- Substantial responsibility or achievement in one or more of IEEE-designated fields; or
- Publication of papers, books, or inventions in one or more of IEEE-designated fields; or
- Technical direction or management of important work with evidence of accomplishment in one or more of IEEE-designated fields; or
- Recognized contributions to the welfare of the professions encompassed by one or more of the IEEE-designated fields; or
- Development or furtherance of important courses in one or more of the IEEE-designated fields at an institution in the REPS list; or
- Contributions equivalent to those of (a) to (e) in areas related to IEEE-designated fields, provided these contributions serve to advance progress substantially in IEEE-designated fields
Please contact the EPS Executive Office for assistance with identifying potential references.