Call for Nominations Editor-in-Chief IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing
TSM was founded in 1987 and publishes approximately 50 papers (out of 120-130 submitted) annually in four quarterly issues. TSM is jointly sponsored by the IEEE Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology Society and the IEEE Electron Devices Society, in cooperation with the IEEE Reliability Society and the IEEE Solid-State Circuits Council.
We invite nominations for the position of Editor-in-Chief (EiC) for TSM for a 3-year term beginning in March of 2018.
The weekly EiC’s duties include assigning papers to one of the twelve associate editors who cover the different processes, equipment, and factory operations involved in the manufacture of semiconductor integrated circuits as well as periodically answer questions from associate editors and authors. Monthly the EiC sends a memo with new peer reviewers to the associate editors. Quarterly the EiC reviews the table of contents and assigns papers to subject areas and assures the three special sections published annually are complete and include a guest editorial. Issues close about one month prior to the issue date. Annually the EiC initiates the process to select the best paper published in the prior year. The EiC is helped administratively by a person from the Electron Devices Society publications staff.
Criteria for the Nominees:
· Ability and motivation to spend sufficient time each week assigning papers and reviewing the acceptance can rejection decisions made by the associate editors;
· Demonstrated technical leadership in an aspect of semiconductor manufacturing;
· Formal support from the institution for which the nominee works (waived if self-employed);
· Has served or currently is serving as editor or associate editor at another publication.
· Commitment to guide TSM according to this Call for Nominations;
· In addition, the EIC must demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the advancement of the society’s vision and mission as well as the technical and fiscal health of TSM.
Requirements for Nominations:
· A brief IEEE-style biography (up to 250 words) of the nominee;
· A complete CV and list-of-publications of the nominee;
· A brief statement from the nominator on nominee’s qualification and how the nominee meets the criteria listed above;
· A letter from nominee’s employer indicating support for the EiC activity;
· Endorsement from two IEEE members on the nomination;
· Optionally, a statement (up to 500 words) from the nominee on his/her vision for the journal.
· Self-nominations are encouraged.
Please email the nomination materials to: James Skowrenski (J.Skowrenski@ieee.org) no later than December 31, 2017.
IEEE TSM Steering Committee
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign