Information and Resources for Authors
IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology publishes research and application articles on modeling, design, building blocks, technical infrastructure, and analysis underpinning electronic, photonic and MEMS packaging, in addition to new developments in passive components, electrical contacts and connectors, thermal management, and device reliability; as well as the manufacture of electronics parts and assemblies, with broad coverage of design, factory modeling, assembly methods, quality, product robustness, and design-for-environment.
Submit a paper
All papers for the Transactions on CPMT must be submitted for peer-review through SCHOLARONE Manuscripts online review site.
- This Publication is a Hybrid journal, allowing both traditional manuscript submission and Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript submission at the discounted rate of $1,750 per article.
- The OA option will be offered to the author at the time the manuscript is submitted. If selected, the OA fee must be paid before the article is published in the journal. If you have unusual circumstances about this, please contact the Editor-in-Chief.
- The traditional option, if selected, enables access to all qualified subscribers and purchasers via IEEE Xplore. No OA payment is required.
- The IEEE peer review standard of excellence is applied consistently to all submissions. All accepted articles will be included in the print issue mailed to subscribers.
The technical content of papers should be both new and significant. Experimental data should be complete and should include sufficient descriptions of experimental apparatus, methods, and relevant experimental conditions. References should be thorough and complete.
Papers Presented at Conferences
Papers previously or planned to be presented at/published by conferences will be considered for publication under the following conditions.
- The author must disclose information on conference presentation when the paper is submitted for review.
- The author must significant additions/modification to the paper. This could include: new data and detailed analysis of the experimental results; addition of references to the previous work of others (not previous work by the authors); a discussion of the previous work and how the author’s work expands or builds on the previous work: a discussion of how the author’s results compare/contrast the previous work; etc.
- The author must include a reference the previously published paper in the reference section.
- The author should modify the title to reflect the fact that the paper has been “significantly” modified.
- A description of the modifications must be provided at the time of submission (either in the Author’s cover letter, or in a file uploaded with the manuscript.
Resources for Authors
The IEEE Author Digital Toolbox contains tools and information to assist with article preparation and submission, the article proof review process, and ordering reprints. Also included is a list of frequently asked questions.
- IEEE Style Manual (PDF, 132 KB)
A manual outlining editorial guidelines for IEEE Transactions, Journals, and Letters.
- IEEE Abbreviations for IEEE Transactions, Journals, Letters, and Magazines (PDF, 728 KB)
A catalog of IEEE's titles, including historic publications, along with their official reference abbreviations, and acronyms.
- Keywords Suggested for Authors (PDF, 326 KB)
Authors are encouraged to select keywords from this list. It comprises the first three hierarchical "levels" under each term-family (or branch) that is formed from the top-most terms of the IEEE Thesaurus. If you cannot find appropriate terms, you may add your own.
- Article Templates
Includes templates and instructions on how to prepare your papers for publication in IEEE Transactions and Journals.
- Refine the Use of English in Your Manuscript
A professional editing service available for authors looking to refine and polish the content of their papers for a fee.
- Reference Preparation Assistant
Use this tool to upload your reference draft file and validate your references against both the IEEE Xplore and CrossRef databases in order to ensure successful online linking.
- IEEE PDF Checker
Use this tool to upload your current draft PDF so that it may get checked against the latest IEEE Xplore journal requirements. Your results are e-mailed to you, and also displayed in real time on the site. The tool will give you an Xplore-compliant version of your paper.
- Abstract Description (PDF, 346 KB)
Use these specifications to make your abstract self-contained and well abbreviated.
- Author Names in Native Languages (PDF, 53 KB)
Use this for font styles used when rendering Chinese, Japanese, Korean and other lanuage characters in the final publication.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Submitting Graphics (PDF, 123 KB)
Answers many of your most commonly asked questions about graphics formatting.
- Using Microsoft Products or PDFs to Submit Graphics (PDF, 2.2 MB)
Instructions on how to generate high quality graphics using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Graphics Checker Tool
An online tool allowing authors to verify that their graphics will meet IEEE publications standards.
- Instructions for the Preparation of Multimedia Materials (PDF, 268 KB)
Instructions on how to include multimedia in your paper.
- Instructions for Producing a Video (PDF, 106 KB)
Tips and instructions on how to produce and submit digital video files for inclusion in your paper.
- Instructions for Creating a README File for Datasets (PDF, 72 KB)
Instructions and a checklist of items required in README files accompanying datasets.
- Instructions for creating a README file for Playable Objects (PDF, 72 KB)
Instructions and a checklist of items required in README files accompanying playable multimedia included in your paper
- Graphical Abstract description (PDF, 265 KB)
Use the graphical abstract for a concise, illustrative reflection of the content of your article.
- Author Proof Login
Web site where IEEE authors can keep track of, and provide input on, their articles throughout the production process.
- Instructions for Authors on Reprints and Special Charges (PDF, 140 KB)
Explains extra charges you may incur, such as overlength page charges, color in print, and open access, along with attaining reprints.
- IEEE Author FAQ
Contains answers to many of your most commonly asked questions about how to publish a paper with IEEE.