Upcoming IEEE EPS Dallas Chapter Distinguished Lecture

Title: Advanced Power Electronics for Electric-Drive Mobility Applications

Date: Wednesday, August 30th, 2023

Time: 1.00 pm - 2.00 pm, CST

Where: Microsoft Teams Meeting

Speaker: Dr. Sreekant Narumanchi, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)

Abstract: Electronics, power electronics, and electric machines are becoming important for an array of mobility/transportation, renewable energy, and energy efficiency applications. In this presentation, I will provide an introduction to NREL and my group. Then, I will describe some challenges and opportunities for power electronics, electric machines, and electric traction drive systems for mobility applications in particular. After that, I will give an overview of my group’s research activities in power electronics. The first area covered in detail will be power electronics thermal management with water-ethylene glycol and dielectric fluids in the single-phase liquid regime and dielectric fluids/refrigerants in the two-phase/boiling regime. The second area will be power electronics materials and bonded interfaces including efforts on sintered silver, sintered copper, polyamide- and polyimide-based bonded interface materials, and polyimide-based electrically insulating materials. Third, efforts on some advanced power electronics packaging concepts will be introduced.

Join meeting here

Additonal meeting details