EPS Program Director, Award Programs: Eric Perfecto
Nomination Period Now Open for 2021 Awards
IEEE EPS Award
EPS Major Awards
· An individual may submit only one nomination per award but may submit nominations for more than one award.
· An individual may submit only one endorsement per award but may submit endorsement for more than one award.
· It is the responsibility of the nominator to ensure quality documentation to assist the Awards Committee in evaluating the candidate.
· Outstanding Sustained Technical Contribution Award is designed for the “practitioner”, while the Electronics Manufacturing Technology Award intended for “Corporate Leadership”.
· Complimentary material, such as CV, list of publications and/or patents can be submitted with the nomination.
· Self-nominations will not be considered.
EPS Packaging Vision Vision Competition (Submission Period Closed)
Description: This award recognizes the best "Vision of the Future of Electronics Packaging" abstract, to be presented at the IEEE Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC) during the Tuesday evening panel session. The competition welcomes submissions from students attending ECTC 2020.
Presented to: An individual or a team of no more than three.
1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $ 600
3rd Place: $ 300
Eligibility: All ECTC student papers that are accepted. Winners are required to present their packaging visions at the ECTC Tuesday evening Panel Session.
Congratulations to the 2020 EPS Packaging Vision Competition Winners:
First Place: “FlexTrateTM: The Future of Flexible Packaging”: Arsalan Alam, Goutham Ezhilarasu, Randall Irwin
Second Place: “Packaging for Ultra-Large Scale Cognitive Systems”: SivaChandra Jangam, Zhe Wan
Third Place: “An Additive Production approach for Microvias and Multilayered polymer substrate patterning of 2.5μm feature sizes”: Sarthak Acharya
"Brain-on-a-Package": Shreya Dwarakanath, Chandrasekharan Nair, Siddharth Ravichandran - Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
"Will Biocompatible Packaging be the First Step to Become a Cyborg": Martin Schubert - Technical University of Dresden, Germany
Other Professional Recognitions