EPS Program Director, Award Programs: Eric Perfecto
Nomination Period Now Open for 2020 Awards
Major Awards Nomination Deadline is January 21, 2020
IEEE EPS Award
EPS Major Awards
· An individual may submit only one nomination per award but may submit nominations for more than one award.
· An individual may submit only one endorsement per award but may submit endorsement for more than one award.
· It is the responsibility of the nominator to ensure quality documentation to assist the Awards Committee in evaluating the candidate.
· Outstanding Sustained Technical Contribution Award is designed for the “practitioner”, while the Electronics Manufacturing Technology Award intended for “Corporate Leadership”.
· Complimentary material, such as CV, list of publications and/or patents can be submitted with the nomination.
· Self-nominations will not be considered.
New: EPS Packaging Vision Competition (Submission Period Now Closed)
Description: This award recognizes the best "Vision of the Future of Electronics Packaging" abstract, to be presented at the IEEE Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC) during the Tuesday evening panel session. The competition welcomes submissions from all IEEE Students, Graduate Students and Young Professionals*.
* A Young Professional is an IEEE member that has completed their first academic degree within the last 15 years.
Presented to: An individual or a team of not more than three.
Prize: Up to three awards will be provided to an individual or team. The prize will be $500 for each winner (if one of the winners is a team, $500 will be awarded to each member of the team). Travel grants will be provided to attend ECTC, and applied toward actual travel expenses including airfare, hotel and meals. Up to $1,000 for US based winners and up to $1,500 for Non US winners. Proof of travel expenses including receipts will need to be submitted for the reimbursements to be dispersed. Travel funding can be used for an individual or shared among the team (Total funding $1,000 per US team; Total funding $1,500 per Non US team). One complimentary conference registration to attend ECTC will be provided (one per team).
Eligibility: All ECTC and ITherm attendees are eligible. Winners are required to present their packaging visions at the ECTC Tuesday evening Panel Session.
Congratulations to the 2019 EPS Packaging Vision Competition Winners:
"Brain-on-a-Package": Shreya Dwarakanath, Chandrasekharan Nair, Siddharth Ravichandran - Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
"Will Biocompatible Packaging be the First Step to Become a Cyborg": Martin Schubert - Technical University of Dresden, Germany
Other Professional Recognitions