EPS Program Director, Award Programs: Eric Perfecto
Nomination Period Now Open for 2019 Awards
Deadline for EPS Major Awards is January 21, 2019
The EPS Awards Program recognizes contributions to the profession, industry and the Society through a comprehensive set of awards and recognitions.
IEEE EPS Award
The highest award honoring technical achievement in EPS fields of interest is the IEEE Electronics Packaging Award -- an IEEE Technical Field Award, sponsored by the EPS and administered by the IEEE Awards Board.
EPS Major Awards
A series of EPS Major Awards, recognizing technical contributions and service, is administered by the EPS Awards Committee:
Guidelines for Nominators:
· An individual may submit only one nomination per award but may submit nominations for more than one award.
· An individual may submit only one endorsement per award but may submit endorsement for more than one award.
· It is the responsibility of the nominator to ensure quality documentation to assist the Awards Committee in evaluating the candidate.
· Outstanding Sustained Technical Contribution Award is designed for the “practitioner”, while the Electronics Manufacturing Technology Award intended for “Corporate Leadership”.
· Complimentary material, such as CV, list of publications and/or patents should be submitted separate from the award nomination.
· Self-nominations will not be considered.
Additional Society Awards recognize excellence in publications, Chapters and educational activities:
Chapter-of-the-Year Award, administered by the Program Director, Chapters
· New: EPS PhD Fellowship Award
New: EPS Packaging Vision Competition
Description: This award recognizes the best "Vision of the Future of Electronics Packaging" abstract, to be presented at the IEEE Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC) during the Tuesday evening panel session. The competition welcomes submissions from all IEEE Students, Graduate Students and Young Professionals*.
* A Young Professional is an IEEE member that has completed their first academic degree within the last 15 years.
Presented to: An individual or a team of not more than three.
Prize: Up to three awards will be provided to an individual or team. The prize will be $500 for each winner (if one of the winners is a team, $500 will be awarded to each member of the team). Travel grants will be provided to attend ECTC, and applied toward actual travel expenses including airfare, hotel and meals. Up to $1,000 for US based winners and up to $1,500 for Non US winners. Proof of travel expenses including receipts will need to be submitted for the reimbursements to be dispersed. Travel funding can be used for an individual or shared among the team (Total funding $1,000 per US team; Total funding $1,500 per Non US team). One complimentary conference registration to attend ECTC will be provided (one per team).
Eligibility: All ECTC and ITherm attendees are eligible. Winners are required to present their packaging visions at the ECTC Tuesday evening Panel Session.
Submit An Abstract
Other Professional Recognitions
Recognition of achievement is also found in IEEE Membership Grade. Advancing your member grade can bring added peer recognition to your accomplishments.