Nomination Period Now Closed for 2022 EPS PhD Fellowship
- On-Line application available by September
- Complete application packages are due by February 9 2022
- Recipients will be notified by mid March
- Formal award presentations will take place at the IEEE EPS luncheon at ECTC at the end of May.
- Monetary awards will be given by June 15 (or at ECTC)
Selection/Basis for Judging:
- Nominator must be of IEEE EPS Member grade or higher. Only one nomination per member per year. Self nominations are not allowed.
- Two-page (maximum) statement by the student describing his or her education and
- Research interests, accomplishments, and impact on the electronics package industry.
- Proof of contributions to the community may consist of open literature publications (preferred) such as papers, patents, books, and conference presentations and reports (available to the public).
- At least one letter of recommendation from someone familiar with the student’s work
- Student resume
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Institute of Microelectronics (A*STAR), Singapore
2021 - Abishek Deshpande
For his contributions in the development of multiaxial microscale solder joint test specimens and cyclic test setups for demonstrating the differences in solder joint vulnerability to tensile fatigue vs. shear fatigue.
2020 - Siddarth Ravichandran
For contributions to the development 2.5D and 3D Glass Packages for Heterogeneous Integration in High Performance Computing.
2019 - SivaChandra Jangam
For contributions to the development of the Silicon Interconnect Fabric as a platform for the fine pitch integration of heterogeneous dielets and the associated signaling protocol.