EPS Announces a New PhD Fellowship Award
Nomination Period Now Open for 2019 EPS PhD Fellowship
To promote, recognize, and support PhD level study and research within the Electronics Packaging Society’s field of interest.
A plaque and a single annual award of US$5,000, applicable towards the student’s research.
Candidate must be an IEEE EPS member, at the time of nomination, and be pursuing a doctorate degree within the EPS field of interest on a full-time basis from an accredited graduate school or institution. The candidate must have studied with her/his advisor for at least 1 year, at the time of nomination, to be eligible.
A Student who received a Fellowship award from another IEEE Society, within the same year, or is a previous EPS Fellowship winner is ineligible.
- On-Line application available by September 15
- Complete application packages are due by January 21
- Recipients will be notified by March 15
- Formal award presentations will take place at the IEEE EPS luncheon at ECTC at the end of May.
- Monetary awards will be given by June 15 (or at ECTC)
Selection/Basis for Judging:
Demonstration of his/her significant ability to perform independent research in the fields of electronic packaging and a proven history of academic excellence, as documented in:
- Nomination by an IEEE EPS Member. Only one nomination per member per year.
- Two-page (maximum) statement by the student describing his or her education and
- Research interests, accomplishments, and impact on the electronics package industry.
- Proof of contributions to the community may consist of open literature publications (preferred) such as papers, patents, books, and conference presentations and reports (available to the public).
- At least one letter of recommendation from someone familiar with the student’s work
- Student resume